Thursday, August 14, 2008

Vacation pics 4: more Wyoming and South Dakota

One of several bison-induced traffic jams we endured.


Devil's Tower National Monument in eastern Wyoming.


Crazy Horse monument in South Dakota. Quite a bit of progress was made on this since I last visited on family vacation about twenty years ago. We also saw Mt. Rushmore, but it was packed (we arrived the same time as about 50,000 Harley-riders who were there for the annual Sturgis bike rally), so we just did a drive-by.


Wall Drug. They make a mean buffalo burger, and you can't beat their price on ice water. And I got a free donut for being a veteran :-)


We also did a drive-by at Badlands National Park. And isn't my wife cute?!?

2 comments:

Susan said...

This brings back so many memories, now I want to go back out west and see it all again.

Priscilla Pearson said...

She is super cute if I say so myself!